Saturday, March 18, 2017

More Papertrey Ink March Release: Cutaway Tags: Spring

Good morning and welcome back for more inspiration featuring the Papertrey Ink March release! I have a set of birthday tags to share today that I made using the new Cutaway Tags: Spring stamp set and die.

Cutaway Tags Trio

I began by die cutting the tag shapes and stamping them with the coordinating images in the matching stamp set. I used the same handful of inks, just swapping the colors around to make each tag unique. Then I die cut a second white layer for each tag and trimmed out the floraly bits before adhering them into place. This was probably an unnecessary step, if I'm just being honest. But it does add a nice framed effect to the tags so I think it was worth the few extra minutes.

Cutaway Tags Close Up

Next, I die cut banners from patterned papers using the Sketched Shapes die. I double cut the flat end with the pinked end by running each piece through the machine twice. Then, I heat embossed the birthday sentiment on each and attached them to the tags with foam tape. A little white cotton crochet thread was all I needed to finish these. Simply sweet!

Supplies:

Thank you so much for joining me today! Make sure to check in with Nichole to see who else has a project to share this morning. Have a great day and I'll see you tomorrow!

No comments: