Thursday, January 14, 2016

Introducing Coin Purse II

Good morning, Friends! Are you ready for Day 5 of the Papertrey Ink January countdown. I know some of you have been curious about what today holds since all of the stamp sets have been introduced, but you should know by now that there's always something hiding up our sleeves. Ha! Well, I promise today has been worth the wait! Today we're introducing Erin Lincoln's newest stitching die, the Coin Purse II.

Of all of the things I create and share on my blog, stitching projects are some of my absolute favorites. This new coin purse die is completely adorable and I'm so excited to show you how I've transformed this sweet coin purse into a delightful mini handbag for my favorite little girl.

Josie's Purse

My niece Josie is at just the right age to start playing with itty bitty accessories and she has a birthday coming in a few months. I thought this might be the perfect opportunity to create an extra special purse that was just her size.

Josie's Purse Front

I die cut the purse parts from Sweet Blush and Vintage Cream felt and the details (the patches and closure) from Melon Berry and Simply Chartreuse felt. The monogram (because who doesn't love a monogram?) was cut from Melon Berry and the flowers and their leaves were cut from Vintage Cream and Simply Chartreuse. A Harvest Gold button and about 18" of Harvest Gold Saddle Stitched ribbon rounded out the initial supplies.

Josie's Purse Back

I knew I wanted to add a shoulder strap, so I used the ribbon slit die from the Sewing Staples: Needle Book Die collection to add two openings on the back of the purse. I stitched the ribbon into place and added the heart any my initials before embellishing the front flap.

Josie's Purse Monogram Close Up

There, I stitched on the flowers, leaves, and monogram. I used yellow french knots to tie in the color of the strap and button. I then added the corner patches and button to the front panel of the purse before stitching together my closure using Erin's figure 8 technique (watch her video for a complete explanation). All that was left to do was sew together the outer edge and my mini handbag was complete. I am totally in love with this die and I can't wait to make a matching coin purse for my sister!

Next up, I have a Go For The Goal shaker card to share with you.

Coach Thank You Shaker Card

I thought the movement of a shaker card would be a nice complement to the soccer theme. I began by die cutting and stamping the jersey and ball. Then, I xyroned a piece of True Black cardstock and die cut it with the Thanks, Coach die, sticky side (still covered) up. I removed the adhesive backing and covered the surface with fine, black glitter.

Coach Thank You Close Up

Next, I die cut the Cover Plate: Stars die from white cardstock and stamped it with the sentiment before backing it with a piece of clear cardstock. I added foam tape to make it a shaker box, which I filled with chunky pink glitter. I adhered the jersey and ball to the card front with flat adhesive and then mounted the coach die cut with foam tape. This same design could be used in almost any color combination depending on your team's colors.

And finally, I have one last Background Basics: Splats card today.

So Sweet Of You Card

I began by stamping a Mint Julep (I love this color) card base with the large dots in Fresh Snow ink. Then, I die cut the flowers and leaves from Bold Blossoms from white cardstock and the flower centers from Smokey Shadow. I stamped the centers with True Black ink and the leaves with Pinefeather.

So Sweet Of You Close Up

You all know I can't resist a prime rock 'n roll opportunity, so I did just that using Berry Sorbet and Pure Poppy on the flowers. I stamped an Outlined frame onto the card base and arranged my flowers around it, adhering with flat and foam adhesives. I stamped an extra Outlined frame onto a scrap of white cardstock and trimmed out the center. On that, I stamped the sentiment in True Black before tucking it into the frame beneath the flowers. A little black glitter embellishment was all I needed to finish it off. Don't you love those colors together?!

That's all for me today, friends! Make sure to visit NicholeAmy, AshleyBetsy, Danielle, Dawn, Heather, Kay, Laurie, Melissa, and Erin to see how they're using the new Coin Purse II die today. I'll see you back here tomorrow with my Release In Review post. Have a wonderful day!

Recipes:
Josie's Monogrammed Purse
Dies: Coin Purse II Die, Sewing Staples: Needle Book Die Collection, Sewing Staples: Floral Cluster Die Collection, Sew Stylish Alphabet 1 Die - Papertrey Ink
Felt: Sweet Blush, Melon Berry, Vintage Cream, Simply Chartreuse - Papertrey Ink
Other: Harvest Gold Saddle Stitch Ribbon, Harvest Gold Button - Papertrey Ink; Embroidery Floss - DMC

Soccer Coach Shaker Card
Stamps: Go For The Goal, Thanks, Coach - Papertrey Ink
Cardstock: True Black, Clear Cardstock - Papertrey Ink; white
Ink: True Black, Hibiscus Burst - Papertrey Ink
Other: Cover Plate: Stars Die, Go For The Goal Die, Thanks, Coach Die - Papertrey Ink; Chunky Tourmaline Glitter, Fine Onyx Glitter - Martha Stewart Crafts; Foam Tape - Scotch

So Sweet Of You Card
Stamps: Background Basics: Splats, Bold Blossoms - Papertrey Ink
Cardstock: Mint Julep, Smokey Shadow - Papertrey Ink; white
Ink: True Black, Pure Poppy, Berry Sorbet, Pinefeather - Papertrey Ink
Other: Bold Blossoms Die - Papertrey Ink; Foam Tape - Scotch; Fine Onyx Glitter - Martha Stewart Crafts - Papertrey Ink

7 comments:

Mary W said...

Perfect for holding a few crayons on a car trip. Your niece will love it!

jan metcalf said...

Amazing to see the variety of looks with one product! Great idea to make a shoulder bag!

Alesa said...

This is simply adorable! What die set is used for the monogram initial?
Thanks

Julia Aston said...

Love your little monogrammed mini handbag and I'm sure your niece will too!

Norsprncss said...

Very cute! stitching with the heart on the back could also mean "Lizzie <3 (loves) Josie"!

María Alba Negrón said...

Hi Lizzie,

Cute,cute purse!!!

Cariños,
María Alba

Noreen said...

The purse strap is a great idea for a little girl to use as a shoulder bag. Sweet ideas.