Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Summer Sweetness & Text Block: Baby - Day 5

Good morning, friends, and welcome back for Day 5 of this month's Papertrey Ink countdown! I have had so much fun introducing you to Summer Sweetness and the Text Block: Baby die over the past several days. I want to thank you all again so much for your kind words and enthusiasm during this countdown. I have a few more projects yet to share, so let's get to it!

My first card today features the Text Block: Baby die.


I wanted to reinforce the "little angel" imagery from the sentiment on the die, so I die cut vellum wings using the Love Lives Here: Holiday Die Collection and mounted them to the back of a Lemon Tart onesie. Then, I colored in the piping on the onesie with a white pen and glittered the stamped duck.


Next, I stamped a series of clouds onto an Aqua Mist card front using Fresh Snow ink and adhered that to a white card base. Then, I Xyroned a piece of white cardstock and die cut a Text Block: Baby shape. I mounted that to a piece of clear cardstock and applied strips of foam tape all along the outside edges. I adhered my onesie into place before sprinkling some coarse glitter and sequins onto the card front. To finish the card, I mounted the Text Block shape atop the pile of sequins and glitter to form a shaker element.

My next project is a party ensemble. This concept could be applied to just about any party, but we're going to imagine it as a sleepover for today.


The invitation was the first element I designed.


I began by die cutting the Card Base-ics #2 die from Limeade Ice polka dotted paper and white cardstock. I adhered those together and inserted a die cut circle stamped with the party details. Then, I die cut a popsicle image from both white cardstock and thin birch veneer. I stamped the popsicle using the same technique as yesterday and adhered the pop to the stick layer. I mounted the popsicle to the invitation using foam tape and embellished it with a small crochet thread bow.

Next, I worked on the treat box.


I thought it might be handy to have treat boxes full of tasty snacks ready for the guests at out imaginary sleepover. I began by die cutting the box twice from Limeade Ice polka dotted paper. I assembled the box and then adhered a die cut circle that I'd stamped with one of the sentiments in Summer Sweetness. Then, I added a popsicle just like the one from the invitation and tied the box closed with a piece of white ribbon.

My final piece of the ensemble is a card using the same gift card pocket trick that I used on the Baby Boy Pocket card from the other day.


I began by mounting a piece of Limeade Ice polka dotted paper to a white card base. Then, I Xyroned a piece of Berry Sorbet cardstock and cut it with the new Phrase Play die. I adhered that to a piece of clear cardstock and applied foam tape to the bottom and sides of the frame. I mounted that to the card front and then added a popsicle similar to those on the rest of the ensemble.


Next, I created my vellum folder. I cut the vellum, scored it in half, folded it, and die cut the open edge with the small scalloped border die. I then stamped a "Pull here" arrow onto self-adhesive paper and trimmed it out. I adhered it to the vellum folder in the open space of the "O" in "Enjoy."


Then, I stamped the folder with a sentiment from Summer Sweetness using True Black ink. I popped in a gift card (this one is for Jeni's...so good!) and the ensemble was complete.

That's it for me for this countdown. I hope you've enjoyed your visits here over the past few days! Today is group post day number two, so make sure to check in with Nichole, Ashley, Betsy, Danielle, Dawn, Erin,Heather, Laura, Laurie, Maile, and Melissa for even more inspiration. Lexi and Melissa Bickford have more to share with their new sets, too, so you'll definitely want to visit them as well. I'll see you again soon!

Recipes:
Angel Onesie Card
Stamps: Bitty Baby Blessings, Up, Up, & Away - Papertrey Ink
Cardstock: Aqua Mist, Lemon Tart, Vellum, Clear Cardstock - Papertrey Ink; white
Ink: Harvest Gold, Fresh Snow - Papertrey Ink
Other: Text Block: Baby Die (available May 15th), Love Lives Here: Holiday Die Collection - Papertrey Ink; Coarse Crystal Glitter, Fine Crystal Glitter - Martha Stewart Crafts; Marshmallow Sequins - Pretty Pink Posh; Foam Tape - Scotch; White Pen; Copic Marker

Popsicle Sleepover Ensemble
Stamps: Summer Sweetness (available May 15th), By Invitation, Movers & Shakers Sentiments - Papertrey Ink
Cardstock: Limeade Ice Polka Dot Paper, Berry Sorbet, Vellum, Clear Cardstock, Adhesive Sheets - Papertrey Ink; white
Ink: Summer Sunrise, Berry Sorbet, Orange Zest, True Black - Papertrey Ink
Other: Summer Sweetness Die (available May 15th), Phrase Play #4 Die (available May 15th), Small Scalloped Border Die, Card Base-ics #2 Die, Favor It Box #3 - Papertrey Ink; birch veneer; Foam Tape - Scotch; White Crochet thread; Circle Die - Quickutz; White Ribbon - May Arts

11 comments:

Mamashops said...

Lizzie, on the little vellum folder for the gift card, did you secure the sides of the folder or is it just folded at the bottom, and the other three sides are open?
So cute! I've been to Jeni's a few times --yummy!

Lizzie Jones said...

I left them open. You could use washi tape or something to make the edges decorative, but I thought the clean lines were nice. Hope that helps!

LEG Studios said...

Love, love your Summer Sweetness set, Lizzie! The font is gorgeous. I plan to use the set along with Phrase Play #4 to make my end-of-year teacher gifts. Can't wait to play and make all 11 of them. :)

Rhonda said...

This is the sweetest little party set. Love all the details Lizzie.

Grace said...

Love your gift set. Such a cute idea

jintyoo7 said...

Brilliant :)

Joyce said...

Fabulous projects today. I am so excited about this Popsicle set. Can I please come to your slumber party???

Kathie B said...

Great little baby card...with so many great elements, the die cut saying, the cute little onesie, and the clouded background. Thanks for the inspiration!

Tracey McNeely said...

Love this set and your creations today Lizzie!

Kelli B. said...

Really cute summer cards!

Kathy Krug said...

Love your matching card and treat bag.