Monday, October 14, 2013

October Papertrey Ink Countdown - Day 5

Good morning and welcome back for Day 5 of this month's Papertrey Ink countdown. I've really enjoyed seeing all of your excitement for my new dies. I have just a couple of additional projects to share, so let's get to it!

I'll start today with my final tag trio. I wanted to make sure I didn't neglect my Jewish friends, so today's tags are all Hanukkah themed. I used a combo of blues and yellow/golds to make these lovlies happen.


For this first tag, I began by die cutting the main tag shape from Spring Rain cardstock and the secondary shape from white cardstock. I textured the Spring Rain piece with the Herringbone Impression Plate and set it aside for a moment. Next, I stamped the menorah using a combination of Enchanted Evening, Spring Rain, and Lemon Tart inks. The "To:" and "From:" sentiments were stamped in Enchanted Evening ink and the white piece was mounted to the Spring Rain shape with foam adhesive. I finished the tag by glittering each of the candle flames for a bit of sparkle.


The second tag is a little bit of a two-parter held together with the baker's twine. I began by stamping my candle pattern onto white cardstock before die cutting the tag shape. I didn't want to cover up my pattern, so I decided to add a free-floating layer for my sentiments. I die cut the tag shape from vellum and stamped and heat embossed my "To:" and "From:" sentiments using Enchanted Evening ink and clear embossing powder. The two layers are connected only by the twine and that allows them to swing a bit so you can see the pattern easily while keeping the gifting information legible.


My third tag is another shaker tag, but this one's a bit different than the one from the other day. Rather than make the top shape a frame, I used a full second cut shape to create a fully die cut panel. I started with two white tag shapes. Next, I die cut the large menorah from the Menorah Medley Die Collection out of the center of one of the tags. I used Spring Rain and Gold Shimmer cardstock to back parts of the menorah and stamped my sentiments using Enchanted Evening ink. Then, I created a shaker area up by the flames. I used chunky gold glitter inside the shaker, so the candles look like they're flickering when you shake the tag back and forth.


My final project of this release is a Christmas card using the Loop De Loop II border die as a fringe of sorts. I began by die cutting two lengths of the Loop De Loop II die from white cardstock. Next, I stamped a strip of Aqua Mist cardstock with polka dots and a small grounding oval. I adhered the loop borders to the back edges of the Aqua Mist strip. Then, I die cut the tree shape from white cardstock and stamped on my trunk with Dark Chocolate ink. I then stamped the tree top onto Simply Chartreuse cardstock using Ripe Avocado ink and trimmed around it with a craft knife. I adhered the tree top to my die cut and mounted it to my Aqua Mist strip with foam adhesive.


Next, I stamped my sentiment onto a Kraft card base before texturing it with the Linen & Canvas impression plate. I adhered my tree strip to the card base and embellished the ornaments with Christmas Red Stickles. As a final step I added a small star from the Star Gazer Die Collection to the top of my tree and glued on a small, yellow rhinestone.

Thank you so much for joining me these past several days. I hope you've all enjoyed the projects I've shared and I can't wait to see how you use these new dies. You won't want to miss the projects the ladies have to share with you today. So go and see NicholeAshleyBetsyCristinaDanielleDawnErinHeatherLauraMaileMelissa, and Melissa for even more inspiration. I'll see you soon!

Recipes:
Hanukkah Tag Trio
Stamps: Menorah Medley, Wishes Come True, Fresh Alphabet, To You From Me - Papertrey Ink
Cardstock: Spring Rain, Shimmer Gold, Vellum Cardstock - Papertrey Ink; white
Ink: Enchanted Evening, Spring Rain, Blueberry Sky, Lemon Tart - Papertrey Ink; gray pigment - Studio G
Other: Tag Sale #8 Die (available October 15th), Menorah Medley Die Collection, Herringbone Impression Plate - Papertrey Ink; Lemon Twine, Blueberry Twine - Divine Twine; Foam Adhesive - Scotch; Clear Detail Embossing Powder - Filigree; Crystal Super Fine Glitter - Martha Stewart Crafts; Chunky Gold Glitter
The Double Bow Die is also a supporting character in the photos.

Merry And Bright Card
Stamps: Polka Dot Basics, Winterberry, Warm Happiness (grounding oval), 'Tis The Season Sentiments (available October 15th) - Papertrey Ink
Cardstock: Classic Kraft, Aqua Mist, Simply Chartreuse, Harvest Gold - Papertrey Ink; white
Ink: Dark Chocolate, Fresh Snow, Ripe Avocado, Pure Poppy - Papertrey Ink; VersaMark - Tsukineko
Other: Loop De Loop II Border Die (available October 15th), Winterberry Die Collection, Linen & Canvas Impression Plate, Star Gazer Die Collection - Papertrey Ink; Foam Adhesive - Scotch; Christmas Red Stickles - Ranger; Yellow Rhinestone - Darice

3 comments:

Joyce said...

I love your projects today, and wanted to thank you for being so sweet as to think of the inspiration your Jewish friends would need. So many inspiring ideas here--I am especially fond of the shaker tag.

jintyoo7 said...

Wow, fabulous! How wonderful to see the Hanukkah themed projects :)

Unknown said...

Crazy for the Loop da- loo die.