Monday, September 16, 2013

September Papertrey Ink Countdown - Day 3

Hello, crafty friends, and welcome back to my third day of countdown posts featuring my new stamp set, Global Greetings: Christmas. Here's the fun part about my next few posts...I was late to the party this month, so everything is now available! So that means you can head over to Papertrey's website and pop anything you see that you absolutely cannot live without right into your shopping cart. Yay! Alrighty, now on to the projects.

Today's first card uses all of the single-line sentiments from Global Greetings: Christmas in a list of sorts.


I started by stamping my English sentiment in Pure Poppy onto a panel of white cardstock. Next I lined up my foreign sentiments onto one block and stamped them repeatedly on either side of the English sentiment in Spring Moss ink. Next, I adhered a strip of pinked Pure Poppy cardstock to my sentiment strip and mounted everything to a white card base that had been covered with a piece of Spring Moss patterned paper.


Then, I stamped the holly leaves from Dawn's new Boutique Borders set in Ripe Avocado ink and hand trimmed them. I adhered the holly leaves next to the English sentiment and embellished with a few tiny red rhinestones for berries.

My second card features the single-line French sentiment from the set.


I started by stamping a Ripe Avocado card front with my sentiment and heat embossed it using white detail powder. Then, I stamped the polka dotted background using watermark ink before adhering that panel to a white card base. Next, I stamped a row of gingerbread people onto a white panel of cardstock using a combination of Dark Chocolate, Classic Kraft, and Ripe Avocado inks. I added a few of the hearts from Gingerbread Lane in Autumn Rose and Scarlet Jewel inks and embellished the panel with a Loop De Loop cut from Autumn Rose cardstock.


The image panel was mounted to the card front with foam tape and the bottom corners were rounded. To finish the card, I used tiny dots of clear dimensional glaze to give the gingerbread people's buttons a little texture.

That's all for me today. Thank you so much for popping by for a peek. I'll be back tomorrow with a couple more projects showcasing my new products for this month. See you then!

Recipes:
Multi-Lingual Christmas Card
Stamps: Global Greetings: Christmas, Boutique Borders: Christmas, Instant Photo: Holidays - Papertrey Ink
Cardstock: Pure Poppy, Spring Moss Patterned Paper - Papertrey Ink; white
Ink: Pure Poppy, Spring Moss, Ripe Avocado - Papertrey Ink
Other: Pinking Shears Border Die - Papertrey Ink; Foam Tape - Scotch; Red 3mm Rhinestones - Mark Richards

French Gingerbread Card
Stamps: Global Greetings: Christmas, Polka Dot Basics, Gingerbread Lane - Papertrey Ink
Cardstock: Ripe Avocado, Autumn Rose - Papertrey Ink; white
Ink: Dark Chocolate, Classic Kraft, Ripe Avocado, Autumn Rose, Scarlet Jewel - Papertrey Ink; VersaMark - Tsukineko
Other: Loop De Loop Border Die - Papertrey Ink; White Detail Embossing Powder - Filigree; Foam Tape - Scotch; Glossy Accents - Ranger; Corner Chomper - We R Memory Keepers

No comments: