Friday, September 16, 2011

You Scream, I Scream...

Hello! It's been a busy week here at the Jones residence. This weekend is a fun outdoor festival that I've participated in the past few years and I'm really looking forward to it, but it will keep me occupied most of the weekend (in one form or another) so I wanted to take a moment to post today.


Who doesn't love ice cream, huh? Sweet treats are always appreciated on special occasions, making this little cone perfect for a birthday card. I started by stamping the polka dot pattern in white ink on Kraft cardstock. All you have to do to get the pattern is stamp the largest polka dot from the original Polka Dot Basics set and fill in the spaces with the next largest dot. Super simple, but it's a nice variation on the standard pattern. I then hand stitched around the perimeter of the panel with embroidery floss. I would use my sewing machine if I weren't afraid of it. I'm much better with my own two hands. Once that was finished I adhered it to a white base and set the whole thing aside.


Next I die cut the Half & Half strip and the ice cream cone pieces. The cone itself was then stamped with one of the patterned strips from the Half & Half stamp set while the scoop was given a sprinkle treatment using the dots topper from Cupcake Collection. The sprinkles were embellished with Stickles and allowed to dry before stitching on a button. The cone components and the Half & Half strip were then added to the polka dotted layer on the card front.


Finally I did the sentiment strip. I started by cutting a piece of Berry Sorbet cardstock and scoring a line about 3/16" from the top and bottom edges. Next I stamped the sentiment with white ink and heat embossed using white detail powder. That strip was then mounted with foam tape just under the ice cream cone.

Well that's it for me today. Have a great weekend and if you're in the area come on by and say hello at Independents' Day!

Recipe:
Stamps: Half & Half, Polka Dot Basics, Cupcake Collection, Up, Up, and Away - Papertrey Ink
Cardstock: Kraft, Berry Sorbet - Papertrey Ink
Ink: Fresh Snow - Papertrey Ink; Versamark - Tsukineko
Other: Half & Half Dies, Sweet As Can Be Dies, Berry Sorbet Button - Papertrey Ink; Embroidery Floss - DMC; Embossing Powder - Filigree; foam tape

No comments: