Monday, July 21, 2008

I made it!

I made it into the next round of the PaperCrafts Gallery Idol contest! The theme this round was to create a monochromatic card. It's so silly, I make quite a few monochromatic cards, but as soon as I was given the theme I couldn't find my bum with both hands. Not to mention, it's hard to design a greeting card when you spend your weekend sitting in hospital waiting rooms (hi, Mom). I just kept thinking "it's not easy being green" as a get well sentiment.

Well in any case, I finally got my project put together. It required an all-nighter, but the card did get finished. I emailed my photo with my last shred of energy and promptly fell asleep on my craft room floor. At some point I woke up and actually got to the bed...where I remain even now (thank Heaven for laptop computers).

Without further ado...my card:





My favorite color is green, so it only made sense that I pull out the verde for this round. I punched circles out of all sorts of patterned paper to make my tree. There is more foam tape on this card than any other card I have ever made. So much texture! My polka dotted papers have Glossy Accents on them and there is glitter pen all over the place. I need to figure out how to photograph glitter. I have varying levels of success, but rarely is it very clear. Oh, well. It's there.

Anyway, to see the whole gallery of Round 2 cards go here. Everybody did an amazing job! Their work really deserves a gander.

To vote for my card please click here. My screen name is CreativeCritter and the editors over at PaperCrafts are calling my project "Look Up To." I totally appreciate the support! Have a great day.

Recipe:
Cardstock: Vintage Vanilla - Papertrey Ink, Greens - Bazzill
Patterned Paper: Chatterbox
Stamps: Father Knows Best - Papertrey Ink
Ink: Dark Moss Chalk Ink - Colorbox
Circle Punches: Ek Success, Creative Memories
Glitter Pen: Sakura
Ribbon: Michaels
Glossy Accents: Ranger
Other: Foam Tape

No comments: